FOR DRFIRST EPCS AND PDMP PLATFORM
- I agree to retain sole possession of the OTP token, and will not share the login passphrase with any other person.
- I shall not allow any other person to use the OTP token or enter the login passphrase in order to sign controlled substance prescriptions.
- I understand that any failure to secure the OTP token or login passphrase, or any sharing of the OTP token or login passphrase with any other person, may provide a basis for revocation or suspension of my use of EPCS Gold.
- I agree that if using a hard or software token or mobile device application to generate a one-time-password for the two-factor authentication process, the hard or software token or mobile device application shall be separate from the device that I use to issue any electronic prescription for a controlled substance.
- I agree to notify the DEA and the persons in my organization designated to set logical access controls to the EPCS application and to notify my electronic prescribing or EHR/EMR vendor within one (1) business day of discovery if:
- I discover that one or more controlled substance prescriptions issued using my DEA number were not consistent with the prescriptions I signed, or were not signed at all.
- I agree to notify the persons in my organization designated to set logical access controls to the EPCS application and to notify my electronic prescribing or EHR/EMR vendor within one (1) business day of discovery if:
- I am contacted by a pharmacy because one or more of my controlled substance prescriptions are displaying the incorrect DEA number.
- It appears that any of the functions of the electronic prescribing application functions otherwise appear to be functioning improperly.
- My OTP token has been lost, stolen, or the authentication protocol has been compromised in any way.
- I determine there is any other potential security problem not described above
- I understand that in the event of misuse, I am responsible for any controlled substance prescriptions written using my two-factor authentication credential if I do not alert my electronic prescribing or EHR/EMR vendor as required in the provision above, and that I am responsible for any prescription information entered by an agent at my direction upon signing and authorizing any transmission.
- I agree to promptly install all application updates of which I am made aware.
- I understand that I have the same responsibilities when issuing electronic prescriptions for controlled substances as when issuing paper or oral prescriptions.
- I agree to prescribe controlled substances only for legitimate medical purposes.
Through your use of EPCS Gold, you may have access to prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) data made available to you through your state, a third-party provider, and DrFirst. The following Terms apply specifically to your access and use of PDMP Data through PDMP Access:
- I agree that I shall only access or use EPCS Gold with PDMP Access in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and that I am solely responsible for ensuring my access of the PDMP is authorized by the state in which I practice.
- I shall not engage in unlawful, objectionable, or malicious conduct or activities in accessing PDMP Data, including but not limited to, the transmission or distribution of viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, denial of service attacks, unsolicited commercial e-mail, the unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via EPCS Gold with PDMP Access, the unauthorized submission or transmission of data or material protected by a proprietary right of a third party, or the submission of otherwise objectionable information, material, or communications.
- I agree that I will not decompile, disassemble, deconstruct, or reverse-engineer any PDMP Data that is retrieved through EPCS Gold with PDMP Access.