Real-time Medication History Data On-Scene
A common challenge faced by pre-hospital care providers is the lack of immediate and actionable data delivered when and where they need it.
Accurate medication information is necessary to deliver appropriate care when seconds count. The lack of readily available data can lead to a poor understanding of a patient’s situation and inaccurate treatment decisions.
DrFirst’s Backline® solution for EMS offers first responders real-time access to medication information to determine the best course of treatment. Backline is an award-winning, HIPAA-compliant mobile app that enables EMTs to:
- Retrieve up-to-date medication data instantly by scanning the patient’s driver’s license
- Forward medication lists to emergency departments via secure messaging
- Improve on-scene patient assessments
- Reduce medication errors
Other solutions are limited to the medical information related to previous encounters stored in their system. Only Backline leverages a comprehensive network of up-to-date medication data. That means you have access to a patient’s medication history, even if your team has never treated the patient before.
- Patient driver’s license scan to look up health information
- Access up to 6 months of real-time medication data
- Cross-organizational secure messaging
- HIPAA-compliant file sharing (including images, videos, forms, CCDs and more)